Publons is a free resource for the global, multi-disciplinary scholarly research community. You get a Web of Science ResearcherID number if you claim your Web of Science publications in your Publons profile. This number doesn't change, even if you change your name or institution affiliation.
You can create an online profile to show your publication history. Publons draws a connection between you and your work, and assures an accurate record of output and attribution. Your colleagues can quickly find your published work and identify you as a potential collaborator. A Publons profile is used by researchers to claim, manage, and showcase their work. Researchers can:
- claim their publications in the Web of Science
- manage and show their full publication history
- track their Web of Science Core Collection times cited counts and h-index
- track their peer review history and editorial board memberships for scholarly journals
- identify potential collaborators
- help avoid author misidentification
Use Publons to track your publications, citation metrics, peer reviews, and journal editing work in a single, easy-to-maintain profile:
- All your publications are imported from Web of Science, ORCID, or your bibliographic reference manager (e.g., EndNote or Mendeley).
- Trusted citation metrics are automatically imported from the Web of Science Core Collection.
- Correct author attribution, with your unique Web of Science ResearcherID automatically added to the publications you claim in Web of Science collections.
- Your verified peer review and journal editing history is powered by partnerships with thousands of scholarly journals.
- Downloadable record summarizing your scholarly impact as an author, editor and peer reviewer.
Publons links directly to the Web of Science, so researchers can claim and manage their Web of Science publication history, and display their history next to their peer review and journal editing history.
Sign In and Registration
If you're a member of Publons, sign in by typing your Publons email address and a valid password. If you're not a member, register by clicking Register from the homepage. The email address you use to register will be your contact email address and the email address you use to sign into Publons. We keep your email information confidential. Alternatively, if you're registered with Web of Science or EndNote, you can use those credentials to sign into Publons.